Get PubMed References into a Citation Management Software
Follow these steps to export records from PubMed:
- Select a record in PubMed
- Select and choose the 'Send to' pull down menu
- Select 'File'
- Under 'Format' select 'Medline'
- Select 'Create File'
- Save the file as .txt
- Open citation management software (Ex: EndNote, RefWorks, or Reference Manager)
- Select 'File Import'
- Choose the saved PubMed .txt file
- From the import option pull down menu, select the 'PubMed NLM import' filter
- Select 'Import'