You Selected:

How do I get full-text or a PDF of an article?


Access resources from off-campus by logging in using a JHED ID and password.  Users can choose to log in using a VPN connect or through the Welch website.

Search and access full-text or PDF using Find Itarticle search on the Welch homepage, or one of the many databases that Welch provides.

Alternatively, use the journals tab on the Welch homepage to identify the source journal and navigate through the archive, year and volume to the desired article.

From an article record, select icons and/or links for Find It or JHU Full-Text for the most direct path to access.

When full-text is not available electronically, it can be requested via Interlibrary Loan.

Also see: Get Help: How do I request an article?

Troubleshooting Google Scholar

Find and select the "Johns Hopkins University - FIND IT @ JHU Full Text" library access link in Google Scholar Settings to display Johns Hopkins access links to Google Scholar search results.

Troubleshooting JHED Login Problems

Specify a current Johns Hopkins email address and a Primary Campus designation as "East Baltimore Campus" under "MyProfile" at

See "Get Help: How do I get help with JHED log in?" for more information about JHED troubleshooting.

If you have a problem

If full-text or a PDF are unavailable, request a copy via Find It or contact the Welch E-Team with a citation for the article or a description of a problem.