Get help with JHED log-in by contacting the IT Help Desk provided by IT@Johns Hopkins.
For Critical Issues
For immediate assistance or to report a critical IT issue, contact the IT Help Desk at (410) 955-HELP or (410) 516-HELP.
For non-critical IT issues
To report a non-critical IT issue, submit a self-service ticket. To do so, complete the following:
- Go to the myJH homepage at http://my.jh.edu and click Login.
- On the subsequent Enterprise Authentication screen, enter the JHED Login ID and Password.
- Select the Helpdesk icon, located in the left column.
- Within the Helpdesk group, click the "Report a Problem" icon. This will redirect to the application used for self-service incident reporting.
- Verify contact information and provide a description of the issue.
- Use the "Add Attachments" button to upload a screenshot of the problem.
- Select the Submit button to enter the request into the IT@JH Help queue.
What is JHED?
The Johns Hopkins Enterprise Directory (JHED) system is an online, comprehensive source of contact information for Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions faculty, staff, and students. JHED is a MAJOR element of the myJH portal. Without JHED, our ability to identify, authenticate, and personalization would be impossible.
Your JHED Login ID
Your JHED Login ID (which is also referred to as your JHED ID or your JHED LID) is the username used when logging into the JHED system. Many resources at Hopkins use the JHED Login ID to grant access. Examples of such resources include JHU email, course registration, and employee payroll systems. A JHED Login ID and password will be required to log into myJH.
Johns Hopkins Enterprise Authentication provides for centralized authentication and single-sign-on (SSO) access to an increasing number of web-based applications at Johns Hopkins. JH Enterprise Authentication uses the JHED Login ID and password. Once logged in, access any resource protected by JH Enterprise Authentication for the duration of the browser session without having to log in for each resource.