Export EndNote references to RefWorks by following these steps:
- In EndNote, select 'File Menu', then 'Output Styles'
- Select 'RefMan (RIS) Export' for the output style (Note: if the RIS format is not found, open the Style Manager and check 'RefMan' format. Close the Style Manager and repeat the step.)
- Select the references to export
- Select 'Reference' menu, choose 'Show Selected' (or 'Show All' to export the entire database)
- Select 'File' menu, choose 'Export'
- When the dialog box appears, select a location to save the exported file
- Type a file name, then select a location for importing into RefWorks
- Save the file in the .txt format and choose 'Save'
- In RefWorks, select the References menu, then choose 'Import'
- Choose the Desktop Bibliography Management Software as the Import Filter, and EndNote as the Database
- Browse for and select the file .txt file recently exported and saved from EndNote.
- Select 'Import'
For general questions, contact Johns Hopkins RefWorks Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact RefWorks directly at (775) 327-4105 or email@example.com.