Export EndNote references to RefWorks by following these steps:
- In EndNote, select 'File Menu,' then 'Output Styles'
- Select 'RefMan (RIS) Export' for the output style (Note: if the RIS format is not found, open the Style Manager and check the 'RefMan' format. Close the Style Manager and repeat the step.)
- Select the references to export
- Select the 'Reference' menu, choose 'Show Selected' (or 'Show All' to export the entire database)
- Select the 'File' menu, choose 'Export'
- When the dialog box appears, select a location to save the exported file
- Type a file name, then select a location for importing into RefWorks
- Save the file in the .txt format and choose 'Save'
- Open RefWorks, and click the Add icon in the top menu
- Choose Import References from the drop-down menu
- Drag or select the file to be imported
- The file import format will be RIS Format. Select either EndNote Macintosh OR EndNote Windows (depending on your computer) from the drop-down box
- Choose 'Import' at the bottom of the import window
- The records should automatically appear in the Last Imported folder